SHRPA’s Habit Development Xpedition is an online course and community designed for people who struggle to establish or maintain healthy and productive habits. The course is broken down into 4 weeks with simple daily lessons that can be completed in less than 5 minutes.
The Habit Development Xpedition is built on the findings and knowledge of the leading social scientists, thought-leaders, and philosophers (past and present). No blanket-advice, no fluff, no jargon. Only results.
For a limited time, we are offering the Week 1 of the course for free. Actually, if you complete the first 7 lessons in 7 consecutive days, SHRPA will donate $0.70 to our friends at The Apa Sherpa Foundation.
The Habit Development Xpedition is a simple, practical, and effective way to establish and maintain healthy and productive habits
Here are just a few of the strengths the course provides…
- Learn to identify and remove common obstacles that keep you from building new habits
- Learn to articulate a wholistic life perspective and align your habits to your overall goals
- Learn to analyze your current life situation and extract valuable habit-forming building blocks already at your disposal.
- Learn to address your fears and move forward with your habits with confidence
- Learn to build positive and meaningful connections with other ambitious and motivated individuals
Simply put: The Habit Development Xpedition will change your life. Here’s what past and current Climbrs have had to say about the community:
After hearing Declan on a podcast, I immediately signed up for the Habit Development Xpedition. Each week I acquired a better understanding of myself and the requirements to develop my habit. With the support of the other climbers and our wonderful Shrpas, I mastered a new daily writing habit.
After four weeks, I am more confident sharing my experiences and perspectives on my blog. I now have a solid foundation to maintain my new daily writing habit and develop new habits in the future. SHRPA has given me tools to last a lifetime.
Tim W. – WRITER
My experience through SHRPA has been terrific. Declan and Adam are champs and very knowledgeable on how to help Climbrs identify a habit and go through the process to establish the habit as part of a routine.
Personally, my habit was to bring meditation/yoga into my daily routine. Once my habit kicked in, I began noticing my mind calming and my heart open up.
I’m now eager to reflect on what has worked from my habit and look forward to applying this practice to future habits I’d like to form.
Erin D. – YOGA AND WELLNESS ENTHUSIAST
After joining SHRPA, I can tell you the experience has been an awakening. As an avid cyclist I was having trouble maintaining my focus. Working with Declan, Adam and my entire climbing group, not only have I been able to get back on track, I think it is safe to say I am sharper then ever.
Through their daily interactions and group questions they caused me to think, to reach inside myself and to find the issues that were pulling me off course and distracting me. I came to improve myself as a cyclist, I left as a much stronger and better balanced person then I have been in years.
Randy C. – CYCLIST
In the last week I’ve submitted two stories – one to an anthology and one to a competition. I’ve now entered to be part of a competition that is also a workshop and am taking a course on submitting to Literary Magazine. I’m excited and nervous to see what comes next, but I’m so thankful that SHRPA helped me clarify that goal for me.
Kate H. – WRITER
Who teaches this course?
SHRPA is lead by two industry professionals, Declan Wilson and Adam Lugsch-Tehle.
Declan is a writer and author who’s work has been read by millions of readers. He’s been featured on countless blogs, publications, and podcasts such as:
Declan has spent the past 5 years developing productivity and self-discipline habits which enabled him to build a side business, write a book, and build an internet following all while working full-time, raising a child, and supporting his wife through grad school.
Adam has spent the majority of his professional career as a speaker, coach, facilitator, social entrepreneur, and educator. He’s had the great fortune of serving alongside amazing professionals, organizations, and friends who are making a big difference in the world such as:
An educator at heart, Adam believes in the inherent nobility of every human being. He connects quickly and deeply with individuals, communities, and institutions.
In short, Adam seeks to accompany people on their journey towards reaching their highest potential by building within them the requisite skills and abilities to holistically and coherently overcome any obstacle on their path.
What makes SHRPA different than traditional online coaching programs?
We’ve built a successful and simple course around a proven framework that experts agree is the only way to establish healthy and productive habits. In other words, instead of focusing on the “How To” behind habit development, we focus on you.
Each daily module is designed to help you learn not just about habit development, but to learn more about you.
At the end of the course you will receive a customized set of Field Notes complete with a personalized analysis from one of our Shrpas.
While most self-improvement courses could care less if you complete a course, we ensure our Climbrs finish our course and become better because of it.
Click on the lesson modules below to see a breakdown of each week…
This week you will begin the process of studying which habits are needed to help you accomplish your goals.
In Week 1 you will:
- Understand how blind imitation has informed your current set of habits
- Identify what obstacles in your past have prevented you from following through on your habits
- Put your actions into a holistic life perspective
- Find the courage to make small but necessary steps to align your habits with your life’s perspective
- Outline what essential habits you should focus on for the next 30 days
This week you will dive into your priorities, anxieties, distractions, motivations, and core values to better equip yourself for your climb.
In Week 2 you will:
- Identify the vital few things in your life and avoid the trivial many
- Approach the anxieties that hold you back from following through on your habits
- Neutralize the distractions that prevent you from following through on your habits
- Reflect on what situations and activities are you most present, what keeps you focused, and what motivates and inspires you
- Understand the conditions–your character, values, and interests– that allow for such habits to stick
- See the ways you are too hard on yourself or expect too much from yourself
This week you will focus on finding real, authentic enjoyment in the trivial, day-to-day actions one puts in to attain a goal. In other words, we climb for the sake of the climb, not for reaching the summit…
In Week 3 you will:
- Understand how fear of failing comes between you and your ability to actualize your habits
- Identify key data points to assist you in taking bold action and bringing your habits into reality
- Weed out the unnecessary drama you create as you seek to attain happiness
- Embrace your sacred principles and utilize them to take action on your habits today
- Make necessary adjustments while maintaining continuity in your life
- Overcome What prevents you from stepping into the highest version of yourself
- Mold the environment around you for optimal performance
Most theory, methodology, and course content created to focus on advancing the discourse on habits will include aspects related to study, planning, and acting. However, truly unique to the SHRPA experience is the idea of reflection.
In Week 4 you will:
- Identify ways habit development is enhanced by community
- Reflect on progress without allowing ego to interfere
- Embrace the people and places who have positively impacted your ability to actualize your habits
- Understand how focusing on your one thing impacted your overall approach to habit development
- Find unnecessary things that you can remove from your “pack” so as to lighten your load
Dinika knew her chances of getting accepted into CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) were slim. As a college student with little real world experience and a female in a part of the world where biases run deep, she knew her climb would be steep and difficult.
Dinika joined SHRPA in January of 2017. Shy and quiet, Dinika broke out of her shell and quickly acclimated to the community.
She set her sights on CERN and buckled down to develop the habits she needed to submit a comprehensive and impressive application. Utilizing the community, Dinika shared her progress and solicited feedback.
Final exams, a fried computer, and the pressures of society to “settle” could not deter Dinika. She climbed. She developed habits. She persisted.
After months of hard work, she sent us the following email:
Dinika later reflected on her experience with SHRPA:
As I look back on my time at SHRPA, I can confidently say that SHRPA is the best investment I’ve ever made and I’m so glad that I decided to join it at my age. Every meeting was inspiring in a thousand ways and each one of the Shrpas and Climbrs motivated me to work on myself persistently.
SHRPA has made me look beyond what I thought was my single most important dream and has made me fall in love with the climb.
Dinika is just one of our many success stories.
How do I join?
Unlike most online courses which are open to anyone, we sift through applications to find the right people who are a perfect fit for our course and community.
If you answer Yes to at least 7 of the following prompts, chances are you are a good fit for SHRPA:
- Have you recently gone through a major life transition? (New job, graduation, break up, etc.)
- Do you watch/read motivational content online hoping it will give you inspiration to do something with your life?
- Are you familiar with at least one of these people: Gary Vaynerchuck, Tony Robbins, DJ Khaled, Kayla Itsines, James Altucher or Elon Musk.
- Do you consider your current situation in life temporary?
- Have you been able to accomplish smaller goals in the past but still struggle to conquer your biggest goals?
- Do you avoid negative people?
- Are you afraid of your future if you don’t take action now to shape it?
- In the past 6 months, have you started a Google search with the words “why can’t I…”?
- Does the opportunity to work with inspirational, motivated, and driven individuals excite you?
- Do you believe, no matter your age, financial situation, experience, or past, that you can change your life for the better (with a little support, accountability, and motivation)?
Frequently asked questions
When do the Xpeditions take place?
You say you'll help me establish any habit. Is that true or are there things you won't do?
- Starting/ending a romantic relationship
- Anything illegal
- Anything morally questionable
- Anything to do with politics
- Getting accepted to Hogwarts